Subject: trouble with indent in spider

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 89 20:39:01 -0700

I'm having trouble with indenting in spider.  I've narrowed it down to one
construct --- enum (and ENUM which is the same ilk).  The token lbrace
indents and the rule for the rbrace of the enum is supposed to outdent.
However, the .tex file doesn't have a \2 on the indent line.  If I insert one
manually, it works properly by not indenting subsequent lines.

I have enclosed the shar file for ac.spider and ac_guide.web (and the make).
If you create a spider language directory called ac and put these in there,
you should see the same results.  The results are visible on page 6 of the
ac_guide print-out.  Both the lines with enum and ENUM cause subsequent lines
to be indented.

Any idea what's going on?  I tried the debugging, but the manual wasn't clear
about where to put the @1, @2, and @0 --- in the .spider file?  In the web
file?  I tried both, but didn't see any traces.  My other guess is that I didn't
see anything because there weren't any unreduced scraps.  Still, it would be
nice to see if some other production was being used instead of the one I thought
it was supposed to use...

Thanks for any help you can lend...
Steve Kelem
---- Cut Here and unpack ----