Subject: webkernel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 89 20:51:36 EST

I would be more than happy to help beta test Spider.  I think it is a
wonderful idea that seems very well implimented.  I installed the
webkernel you sent me (thanks), and it fixed most problems I was
having.  However, when ceeweave->TeX comes across something like,

	@u
	#include <stdio.h>
	#include <fcntl.h>
	#include "myinclude.h"

	main()

things happen that I wouldn't expect.  First, the filenames in angle
brackets get set in italics without the brackets.  I wouldn't expect
this because it looks like c.spider has code to recognize and put in
brackets.  "myinclude.h" is set in \tt with the quotes, which is what
I would expect.

Second, if the first line of code is a preprocessor directive, it is
indented, so that it lines up with main().  Subsequent directives are
against the left margin.

I don't want to call these bugs since I don't know if what I'm seeing
is what you intended or not.  I am testing this on a Sun 3/60 running
Mach (4.3 BSD superset), using TeX 2.9 (generated by web2c).  I can
also test on Vaxen and IBM RT's, but have not done so yet.  I'm
willing to help out with this any way I can as long as I don't get too
sidetracked from my regular work.  Thanks for your help.

/cap