Subject: Re: Spiders, eeek!

From: nr (Norman Ramsey)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 89 22:24:06 EDT

From [email-masked] Sat Apr  8 20:31:56 1989
	Received: from princeton.Princeton.EDU by notecnirp.Princeton.EDU (5.51/1.81)
		id AA10629; Sat, 8 Apr 89 20:31:53 EDT
	Received: from duke.cs.duke.edu by Princeton.EDU (5.58+++/2.6)
		id AA28812; Sat, 8 Apr 89 20:31:39 EDT
	Received: from summanulla.mc.duke.edu by duke.cs.duke.edu (5.59/DUKE/08-19-88)
		id AA17447; Sat, 8 Apr 89 20:34:46 EDT
	Received: by summanulla.mc.duke.edu (3.2/DUKE/3-1-88)
		id AA09036; Sat, 8 Apr 89 20:31:21 EDT
	Date: Sat, 8 Apr 89 20:31:21 EDT
	From: Charles R. Martin <[email-masked]>
	Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
	To: [email-masked]
	In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]> "[email-masked]"
	Subject:  Spiders, eeek!
	
	Got the patches, thanks.  They appear to be compiling fine, although
	I've uncovered another minor bug in the makefile: when you make clean,
	it mashes c/tangle.c and awk/tangle.c, which are needed for compilation.
	
	I'll look into the dijkstra thing first of next week.
	
	Thanks again!
	
That is a Feature.  If you've lost them you should be able to get them back
using `make source'.  (Once you've done a `make boot', of course.)

Norman

PS Dijkstra compiles for me now.

---

From: Charles R. Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 89 10:18:08 EDT

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 89 22:24:06 EDT
   From: [email-masked] (Norman Ramsey)

	   Thanks again!

Uh, I think one of us doesn't understand.  I do make clean then make
boot, and get an error.  I have to recover c/tangle.c and awk/tangle.c
from the tar file to get it to work.

Oh, wait -- I see.  Now that I've got ceetangle, I can make source and
get tangle.c.  Okay, in that case, how about having a make veryclean
that really cleans up everything, and have make clean make a
re-'make-boot'-able  state?  It is, however, a style question rather
than a function question at that point.

   Norman

Thanks, me too.  I haven't had a chance to look at the results, but it
does compile.  (If I could only preview dvi files through my PC at home
as I do through my 3/60 at work....)

Thanks again,

Charlie Martin (...!mcnc!duke!crm, [email-masked])
NBSR/Box 3709/Duke University Medical Center/Durham, NC 27710