Subject: Spiders, eeek!

From: Charles R. Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 89 18:22:28 EDT

I got Spider over the wires a little while ago; I'm quite excited about
it, but I've had a little bit of trouble with the installation:

(1) I set up a cputype to echo sun3; when I do this, it creates a
subdirectory sun3 of master, and attempts to compile from there.
unfortunately, the objects aren't there, and so the compilation fails.

(2) compiling the Dijkstra version given a C compile error, with
duplicate labels in a case statement.

Sorry that I haven't gotten all the details of this, but its Friday
afternoon. 

The compilation record of the dijkstra version is appended below for
your convenience, if that's the word.

echo "date" `date` | cat - d.spider | awk -f /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/spider.awk
Warning: numeric constants and strings are identified in this WEAVE.
Warning: TeX strings have the same category as  numeric constants in this WEAVE.
You used 3 translation keywords.
You defined 18 reserved words of 12 ilks.
You used 15 different categories in 14 productions.
The biggest production had 3 scraps on its left-hand side.
cat /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/transcheck.list trans_keys.unsorted | awk -f /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/transcheck.awk
awk -f /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/cycle.awk < cycle.test
There can't possibly be a cycle in the graph
sort *.unsorted | awk -f /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/nodups.awk
mv *web.tex /usr/nbsr/crm/lib/tex
/bin/rm -f tangle.web
ln /usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master/tangle.web tangle.web
ceetangle -I/usr/nbsr/crm/Spider/master tangle
This is C TANGLE (generated at 6:13 PM on April 7, 1989)
*1*14*21*25*34*62*64*84*92*107*131*141
Writing the output files: (tangle.c).....500.....1000.....1500
Done.
(No errors were found.)
cc -DDEBUG -g -DSTAT -c tangle.c
"tangle.web", line 838: duplicate case in switch, 10
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1