Subject: statistics generator for FTP, gopher, WAIS, and WWW
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Magid)
Date: 3 Oct 1993 16:40:49 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.wais,comp.archives.admin,comp.infosystems.gopher,comp.infosystems.www

This is the announcement of a new version of fwgstat. It is heavily based
on the 'xferstats' script accompanying wuarchive's FTPD.  
Its available by FTP at 
	<file://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/packages/ftp-archive/fwgstat-0.3.shar>

The README follows:

This is fwgstat v 0.3.  It is heavily based on the much better
written xferstats, which is packaged with the Wuarchive FTP daemon.

This version is capable of parsing the usage files for most
of the public access protocols in use today: FTP, Gopher, WAIS, and HTTP,
and writing a nice usage report.  

As of this version, fwgstat can summarize the usage of any number of these 
protocols in a single report.

To install the program, edit the perl script to specify the locations
of the log files for each daemon and the location of the accompanying
country-codes file.  You must also add the library file 'mygetopts.pl' to 
your Perl library directory.

These are the options which fwgstat supports: 

       -f <filename>   Use <filename> for the log file
       -r              include real users (for FTP)
       -a              include anonymous users (for FTP)
       -h              include report on hourly traffic
       -d              include report on domain traffic
       -t              report on total traffic by section
       -D <domain>     report only on traffic from <domain>
       -l <depth>      Depth of path detail for sections
       -s <section>    Section to report on, For example: -s /pub will report
                               only on paths under /pub
                               (left in for backward compatibility)
       -g <section>    Process a Gopher file, followed by an optional section
       -w <section>    Process a WAIS file, followed by an optional section
       -p <section>    Process a HTTPD file, followed by an optional section
       -F <section>    Process a FTP file, followed by an optional section
       -m              Process multiple file types into one report

If you have any suggestions, bug reports, fixes, or enhancements,
send them to [email-masked].

The newest version of this program is available for FTP on sunsite.unc.edu
in /pub/packages/ftp-archive.